Event Marketing with Silicone Wristbands
Event marketing requires a certain skillset. It differs from other forms of marketing in that events usually occur in real time and are finite. With the possible exception of online events or those events which take place on demand or are recorded, marketers often have a limited timeframe in which to convey their brand message and engage with their customer base.
Silicone wristbands make an ideal promotional tool. Their low price point makes them ideal to purchase in volume. So they work well in large trade conferences, conventions and festivals. They are also colourful and eye catching, drawing attention to your message.
Silicone wristbands are popular with event organisers for many different reasons.
- They can be used alongside t-shirts and lanyards to identify staff and information points.
- They are frequently used as part of product or service launches. Due to the versatile nature of the bands, colours and physical appearance can be fully customised to match or complement branding.
- Silicone wristbands make a great goody bag item. Exhibitors and sponsors can extend their reach by providing wristbands for visitors. This ensures their message is delivered even after the event is over.
- Wristbands make a viable alternative option to ticketing. They are less likely to be lost or accidentally thrown away than tickets. If secure admission is required, secure paper tickets can be requested. These robust bands cannot be torn or removed without cutting, and each can be sequentially numbered.
- Wristbands are also popular at social events such as concerts, gigs and festivals, etc. At these events they are often sold as part of the performers’ merchandise, thus generating revenue.
Tips for Marketing Your Event with Wristbands
- Think carefully about your purpose. As outlined above, wristbands have many different uses. Find the bands that are most suitable. For example, paper wristbands make a great alternative to ticketing. If you’re looking for a quick promotional tool, printed silicone wristbands are extremely cost effective. However, if you’re seeking something to last a little longer, debossed with infill bands have a longer life span, helping to extend your reach.
- As with any marketing strategy, having a clear understanding of your audience is essential. This will allow you to tailor everything from the colour of the bands to the artwork and message.
- Distribution is also an important consideration. Do you intend to post the bands in advance? Do you intend to hand them out during the event? Or will they be part of the goody bag?
- How will your event wristbands integrate with your other campaigns? Think about consistency in branding and message. Also consider coordinating with your other marketing efforts. For example, by providing a landing page URL or a hashtag for social media.
If you’re planning an event this year and feel that wristbands may help your marketing and promotional efforts, contact Carrie now on 01524 230 300 or at email@example.com.